I’ve always wanted to make one of these! It was pretty easy, but I a made a few bad choices that slowed down the progress.
Primed the glass with spray primer.
Then I used chalk paint.
I forgot that I left the window outside to finish drying. When I found it the next morning it was covered in moisture. It got under the paint and I have to pull it all up. I should have took a picture. Ooops! Well, I scraped it all clean and started over. This time I used a spray chalk paint and it worked great with the glass. It came out pretty smooth. I’ll post and updated picture of the final project soon. Don’t soak your chalkboard window. Lesson Learned!